Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Take a breath reflect on what we've been through

It's truly amazing how much can change in your life, so quickly. Unfortunately due to changes beyond my control, I ended up in the hospital again shortly after my last blog entry.  It started out with a severe nosebleed, and ended up with a blood transfusion.  It was a long 11 days but I am glad to be home.

The hardest part about being in the hospital, isn't actually being in the hospital.   It's coming home.  When you're lying in a hospital bed, its expected that you don't feel well.  Your meals are served to you three times a day, a cleaning crew cleans your room, and there's a little red button you can press in which a magical nurse appears.  But coming home, and being still sick is a whole different story.  Trying to get back into the routine of your normal life is most difficult.
Whether I'm walking up stairs or attempting to do laundry, I am reminded of how weak I am.  These simple tasks were taken for granted prior to getting sick, and now that I have trouble completing them, it is a reminder of what I have been through.

Slowly but surely, I will resort back to my normal life and begin to do the activities that make me happy.  Hanging out with my friends, going to the gym, dancing around to music :)

XoXo,
jullz

No comments:

Post a Comment